Monday, June 1, 2009

Behind the Praise - Sunday June 7, 2009


Blended 9:30am

We'll be led this Sunday by our Youth Praiseteam

“Enough”

This worship song is by Chris Tomlin. Chris is instrumental in shaping the language for this present body of worshippers. Chris wrote this song along with Louie Giglio. Louie gave Chris a note right before one of their passion tours. The note simply said:

God is enough, He is really more than enough.

Chris took the rough words and crafted the song around that one phrase. Chris showed up in Louie’s kitchen played it for Louie and it was then that Louie realized that the song was really birthed out of the heart of God.

Click here to hear the story in Louie & Chris’ words on New Song Café:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaLNjeTEeE4

Click here to worship along with Chris:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHEm-b4IRYk&feature=related

“To the Ends of the Earth”

Marty Sampson (b. May 31, 1979) is a Christian songwriter and a worship leader at the Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia. Originally featuring in the Youth Alive albums of the late 1990s, he was one of original Hillsong United worship leaders and has led worship on every United album to date. He plays guitar and occasionally piano. He was married in November of 2006 to Michelle. Sampson was a former worship leader for Hillsong United together with Joel Houston (son of pastor Brian Houston). His last album with United in the 2007 United album All of the Above, could be his last album with Houston and the Hillsong United team. Since his marriage with Michelle, Sampson has moved from Hillsong United to the Hillsong band and helps lead worship with Darlene Zschech and the rest of the team. He is now one of the main worship leaders in Hillsong Church along with Zschech and Reuben Morgan. Sampson recently released a solo album entitled "Let Love Rule Love unfailing Overtaking my heart
You take me in Finding peace again

Fear is lost in all You are And I would give the world to tell Your story
Cause I know that You've called me I know that You've called me
I've lost myself for good within Your promise I won't hide it I won't hide it

Click here to visit Marty Sampsons’ myspace:
www.myspace.com/martysampsonmusic

Click here to learn more about Martys’ ministry:
http://martysampson.net/

Click here to worship along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0G5azgrTUo

"Give Me Jesus"

Click here to read through some other verses of this spiritual:
www.theinterpretersfriend.com/songs/gv-m-jss.html

The spiritual often elects Jesus as the slave’s closest and most reliable friend. He is coming in person to gather up his friends and
take them to heaven. Give Me Jesus shows a touching faith in that relationship.
“You may have all this world. Give me Jesus”.
There are two different versions of this spiritual. this comes from : www.negrospirituals.com/history.htm

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.

You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.
When I am alone,When I am alone, When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.

You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.
When I come to die,When I come to die,
When I come to die,Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.

Click here to listen to Jeremy Camps' version:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6G6q1i9Wo

"Still"

… the challenge of the Church is to keep worship accessible to all people - Rueben MorganRueben wrote the song "Still" as a reminder to "be still and know that I am God". Reuben has a passion to see the church and the world inspired to worship God. A worship pastor on the Hillsong church leadership team, Reuben works alongside Darlene Zschech to create an atmosphere of praise and worship that draws people into God’s presence and helps soften hearts to Jesus’ salvation message. Reuben is an integral leader of the Hillsong church worship team, teaching often at the Worship and Creative Arts program. Leading worship on a weekly basis at Hillsong church, Reuben was the youth Music Pastor who helped to establish ‘Hillsong United’- currently one of the most sought after youth praise and worship bands having appeared at Creation, Edmonton and Soul Survivor in 2003. He was one of the major producers on four of the United albums including Everyday, Best Friend, King Of Majesty and To The Ends Of The Earth. With a congregation of over 15,000 people, Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia is potentially the nations largest local church with a TV program that reaches over 125 different
countries across the globe.

Click here to worship along with the Hillsong version
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8horRi3_E

Click here for another arrangement: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtZRnQyzSM

CONTEMPORARY SERVICE 11:00AM

“Everything Glorious”

After the tragic lost of their pastor in Waco, David Crowder was preparing for a Passion tour. His understanding of grace was challenged by the loss of his friend and mentor. This song was birthed as David began to understand the sovereignty of a loving God. That in the midst of tragedy God was making all things glorious.

Click here to listen to David share his story:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKgM_fv_4EI

Click here to read more about the tragedy:
www.baptiststandard.com/postnuke/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=4112

Click here to worship along with David:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsxNPM4P0w4

The day is brighter here with You
The night is lighter than its hue
Would lead me to believe Which leads me to believe
You make everything gloriousYou make everything glorious

You make everything gloriousAnd I am Yours
My eyes are small but they have seenthe beauty of enormous things
Which leads me to believethere's light enough to see that
From glory to gloryYou are glorious You are glorious
From glory to gloryYou are glorious. You are glorious
Which leads me to believewhy I can believe that

“I am Free”

Click here to listen to Jon talk about being desperate for the Lord:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=px68ruEnOjk&feature=related

Jon serves as the Youth Worship Pastor and Graphic designer for New Life Church in Colorado Springs.

Jon Egan: (responding to the Ted Haggard situation) One of the things I marvel at with our youth is that they love the community that they have with each other. When the news hit, I think all they wanted to do was be together as a family. We opened up our offices to our youth right after it happened, and it was flooded with people who were laughing, crying, playing games, and counseling each other in the corner. There was confusion, for sure, but there was great resolve too—in their commitment to each other and to this family.

Click here to visit Jon Egan’s myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=34106535

Click here to worship along with Promise Keepers:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjaC6AfuFLY&feature=related

Click here to worship along with the Newsboys:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3ZFdpOGYs&feature=related

Click here to worship along with Michael W. Smith in Brazil:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8_KO18A0Lw&feature=related

"Give Me Jesus"

Click here to read through some other verses of this spiritual:
www.theinterpretersfriend.com/songs/gv-m-jss.html

The spiritual often elects Jesus as the slave’s closest and most reliable friend. He is coming in person to gather up his friends and take them to heaven. Give Me Jesus shows a touching faith in that relationship.“You may have all this world. Give me Jesus”.There are two different versions of this spiritual. this comes from : www.negrospirituals.com/history.htm

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.

You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.
When I am alone,When I am alone, When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.

You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.
When I come to die,When I come to die,
When I come to die,Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.

Click here to listen to Jeremy Camps' version:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6G6q1i9Wo

"One Pure and Holy Passion"

This standard worship song was written by Mark Altrogge. Mark has been senior pastor of what is now Sovereign Grace Church of Indiana, Pennsylvania, since 1982. He has written hundreds of songs for worship, including “I Stand in Awe” and “I’m Forever Grateful.” Mark and his wife, Kristi, have four sons and one daughter.

Click here to learn more about Marks’ ministry:
http://www.sovereigngracemusic.org/

Click here to listen online:
www.last.fm/music/Mark+Altrogge/_/One+Pure+And+Holy+Passion

Click here to worship along with the passion band:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I17edLkBDCo

No comments: