Friday, March 6, 2009

Behind the Praise - Sunday March 15, 2009



BLENDED 9:30AM


"Mystery"

Paradox. It is not an easily definable concept. It is suffering mingled with joy; sorrow clasping hands with celebration; brokenness enveloped by unity. It is a bright sadness. It is a concept that is frequently embraced by those contemporary psalmists who march boldly on the cutting edge of change while holding tenaciously to the secure tether of tradition. Though it is the preferred weapon of warriors of worship, for Charlie Hall the paradox of pain and praise is neither a recent phenomenon nor a carefully orchestrated career choice. It is a compulsion driven by a hunger and thirst for the presence of God."The human condition may be frail, but God is bursting with life," Charlie insists. "There is a massive sunrise full of dreams and hopes right beside the obscenity of the cross, and those two things don't have to be exclusive. There was a time when I felt so human that I didn't feel like I could belong to God. I didn't feel like His greatness and my difficulties could fit together. Then He began to show me that my brokenness and messiness fit perfectly with what He came here to do. I was the perfect candidate for mercy and grace and life and hope. In my broken state, He is the Bright inside my Sadness."

Click here to worship along with Charlie Hall:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69Hj3ISMSo&feature=related

Click here to listen online:
www.last.fm/music/Charlie+Hall/_/Mystery

Click here for Charlie Hall "Scenes from a little church"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk33IQJ8B0k&feature=related


“Jesus, Lover of My Soul”

Paul Oakley wrote this popular song. If you’ve ever heard Paul’s songs or been in a context where Paul has lead worship, then you won’t have failed to notice the consuming passion to know God that characterizes his songwriting. This song alone stands out as one of Paul’s fine contributions to the kingdom. Reminding us that everything should center around the Lord.
His international profile continues to grow. This last year has seen Paul travel to Canada, South Africa, Holland, Germany, Scotland and Northern Ireland and more recently, invitations have opened up for Paul to travel to Brazil, the States, Portugal, Germany and Holland again this year.
Although he travels a lot, Paul and his family are very committed to Church of Christ The King, their home church in Brighton (UK), where he regularly leads the 1,000 strong congregation in worship alongside Dave Fellingham, Stuart Townend, Matt Redman, Phatfish and Kate Simmonds.

Click here to visit Paul’s myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=73404442

Click here to worship along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-ZdMOx_HY

Click here for another arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBeOfoESt4


"Sing to the King"

This song was written by Billy James Foote. The song is based upon the hymn by Charles S. Horne. Here are the original words penned in 1910. Notice the similarity between the Horne's words and Billy's adaptation of the song.

Sing we the King Who is coming to reign,
Glory to Jesus, the Lamb that was slain.
Life and salvation His empire shall bring,
Joy to the nations when Jesus is King.


Refrain

Come let us sing, praise to our King,
Jesus our King, Jesus our King,
This is our song, who to Jesus belong:
Glory to Jesus, to Jesus our King.

In the summer of 2001, I was sitting in my office, in Evergreen, CO, reading through a Baptist Hymnal when I came across an old hymn called Sing We the King, written by Charles Silvester Horne. As I read the first verse I was amazed by the lyrics. There was not a wasted word. I had been working on a melody for several weeks, but did not have any lyrics. Horne’s first verse was a perfect match to the melody I had written. It did not take long to come up with a chorus. The second verse takes two phrases from Horne's last verse including, "satan is vanquished and Jesus is King". Of course, I have documented this on both of my worship projects and try to make sure everyone who records Sing to the King does the same.
My prayer is that this song will remind the church that the King really is coming back. It seems as though we have left this fact out of worship songs for too long. It is encouraging to be reminded that the enemy does not win (Rev. 20:10). We have a hope in the knowledge that the King is going to one day split the sky and the dead in Christ will rise, and believers, who are alive, will be caught up in the clouds to meet Him. I also pray this song will give the church a sense of urgency to win the lost; as Fanny Crosby said, to "rescue the perishing, care for the dying." We must not be idle, but live as those who know the King and know He is coming to reign.



Learn more about Billy's ministry on his myspace website & ministry website:
www.myspace.com/billyfooteband

Learn more about Billy's ministry here:
www.billyfoote.com/

Click here to worship along on the passion recording:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrsrPfGmpPg&feature=related



“Hallelujah, What a Savior”

Words & Music:Phil­ip P. Bliss, in In­ter­na­tion­al Les­sons Month­ly, 1875.
Preparing us for eternity, when all nations will praise God together, the word "Hallelujah" provides a similar expression of praise in all languages. "Hallelujah, What a Savior" uses the word to tie the cross with the triumph of the risen and reigning Lord.
The first four verses tell the crucifixion story, that Jesus, the "spotless Lamb of God," stood condemned in our place. He took on our sins for us, the "guilty, vile and helpless." Completing each short stanza, we cry out with overwhelming praise "Hallelujah, what a Savior!"
In the last public meeting before his untimely death, Philip Bliss the hymn's composer conducted a service at the Michigan State Prison for 800 inmates. Many of them wept in true repentance as he spoke of Jesus' redeeming death and sang the verses of "Hallelujah, What a Savior!"
Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Click here to worship along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI-UQDCuous

Click here to listen online:
www.rhapsody.com/album/amazinggracetimelesshymnsoffaith/hallelujahwhatasavior



CONTEMPORARY 11:00AM


“For all You’ve Done”

This song is by Reuben Morgan.

Reuben Morgan on men worshipping:People are more passionate than ever, Morgan observes. I think God's stirring the church. For the most part, churches are singing the same songs no matter where you go, which is pretty incredible. Even in countries that don't speak English, they're still singing the same songs. As a strong male leader, Morgan is particularly interested in seeing the men of the church take more risks in their outward expressions of faith. I think a really good model for men and worship is David, Morgan says. Men can be a little more reserved when it comes to expressing their feelings and really being passionate. But I think there's health in a guy really learning how to do that in the right way. I think the Bible is clear on what are appropriate ways to express our love for God passionately. My personal feeling is that lifting our hands, shouting and all of that is a way of connecting with God. They're expressions, and they can be healthy in our growth.

Click here to read more about Reuben Morgan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Morgan


My Savior, Redeemer Lifted me from the miry clay
Almighty forever I will never be the same ‘Cause You came near
From the everlasting To the world we live
The Father’s only Son You lived and You died
You rose again on high You opened the way For the world to live again
Hallelujah For all You’ve done Hallelujah For all You’ve done

Click here to worship along with the Lakewood Church in Houston:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=60cZ5SmlXMc&feature=related


"Beautiful One"

Tim wrote this song based upon Isaiah 53:


Click here to listen to Tim Hughes share how he wrote the song
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJj6fiJ2aW8&mode=related&search=

Click here to worship along with Jeremy Camp
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdF-cBk9CBU

Click here to worship along with Tim Hughes
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMyVZW0zY14&mode=related&search=

Click here to learn more about Tim:
www.timhughesmusic.com/



"Our God Reigns"


So much holy, so divine Yours and so much mine by the morning, light is Thine
Perfect by design Mighty to man, binding to earth Sending His Son to echo His worth
Breaker of sin, winner of souls Every creature will know
Our God reigns over the heavens Over the earth,
Our God reigns Praise His name, All still standing
All that was, all that remains

Our God reigns Deepest Ocean opened wide So shall love divide
In devotion to His bride Standing by her side Mighty to man, binding to earth
He's sending His Son to echo His worth Breaker of sin, winner of souls
Every creature will know Our God reigns over the heavens
Over the earth, Our God reigns Praise His name, All still standing
All that was, all that remains Our God reigns So much Holy, So divine
Yours and so much mine


This song was written by Brandon Heath Knell. Click here to read more about Brandon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Heath

Click here to worship along with Brandon:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0oehQ__iGI



"To the Ends of the Earth”


Marty Sampson (b. May 31, 1979) is a Christian songwriter and a worship leader at the Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia. Originally featuring in the Youth Alive albums of the late 1990s, he was one of original Hillsong United worship leaders and has led worship on every United album to date. He plays guitar and occasionally piano. He was married in November of 2006 to Michelle. Sampson was a former worship leader for Hillsong United together with Joel Houston (son of pastor Brian Houston). His last album with United in the 2007 United album All of the Above, could be his last album with Houston and the Hillsong United team. Since his marriage with Michelle, Sampson has moved from Hillsong United to the Hillsong band and helps lead worship with Darlene Zschech and the rest of the team. He is now one of the main worship leaders in Hillsong Church along with Zschech and Reuben Morgan. Sampson recently released a solo album entitled "Let Love Rule Love unfailing Overtaking my heart
You take me in Finding peace again
Fear is lost in all You are And I would give the world to tell Your story
Cause I know that You've called me I know that You've called me
I've lost myself for good within Your promise I won't hide it I won't hide it


Click here to visit Marty Sampsons’ myspace:
www.myspace.com/martysampsonmusic

Click here to learn more about Martys’ ministry:
http://martysampson.net/

Click here to worship along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0G5azgrTUo


THIRD 6PM



“How can I keep from Singing”

There is an endless song echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring and though the storms may come
I am holding on to the rock I cling


How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King And it makes my heart want to sing


Chris Tomlin joined Ed Cash and Matt Redman to write this song. The song is on the album "See the Morning". This song anchors the theme of hope found on the album. "How Can I Keep From Singing," is a rendition of the 1860 hymn by Robert Lowry. "How Can I Keep From Singing?" is listed in some hymnals by the opening line "My Life Flows On". The original composition has now entered into the public domain. The song is frequently cited incorrectly as a traditional Quaker hymn. Chris reworked the original text and crafted a song that could be sung to God during the difficult times.

Click here to listen to Chris share how he wrote the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lTZySpbpo

Click here to worship along with Chris:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQI5wxtH6OY&feature=related


"King of Majesty"


This song was written by Marty Sampson. Marty (b. May 31, 1979) is a Christian songwriter and a worship leader at the Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia. Originally featuring in the Youth Alive albums of the late 1990s, he was one of original Hillsong United worship leaders and has led worship on every United album to date. He plays guitar and occasionally piano. He was married in November of 2006 to Michelle.Sampson was a former worship leader for Hillsong United together with Joel Houston (son of pastor Brian Houston). His last album with United in the 2007 United album All of the Above, could be his last album with Houston and the Hillsong United team.Since his marriage with Michelle, Sampson has moved from Hillsong United to the Hillsong band and helps lead worship with Darlene Zschech and the rest of the team. He is now one of the main worship leaders in Hillsong Church along with Zschech and Reuben Morgan.Sampson recently released a solo album entitled "Let Love Rule".


Click here to learn more about Marty Sampson:
http://www.martysampson.nett/


Click here to worship along with the Hillsong worship ministry:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyRfx563Zs


Click here for an arrangement by Marty Sampson:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg9Zqipk2nU

"Savior Please"

Savior, please take my hand I work so hard, I live so fast This life begins, and then it ends And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last I try to be so tough But I'm just not strong enough I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me I try to be good enough But I'm nothing without Your love Savior, please keep saving me Savior, please help me stand I fall so hard, I fade so fast Will You begin right where I end And be the God of all I am because You're all I have Hallelujah Everything You are to me Is everything I'll ever need And I am learning to believe That I don't have to prove a thing'Cause You're the one who's saving me

Click here to visit Josh Wilsons' myspace, you can play the song on his music player: www.myspace.com/joshwilson

Click here to learn more about Josh' ministry: http://joshwilson.sparrowrecords.com/

Click here to listen to Josh Wilson's version of "Savior Please" www.youtube.com/watch?v=diUhGip85U8

"You Watch over me"

I was lonelyYou came waltzing over to me And Your eyes they saw right through me And You heard each one of my cries for help And You came to rescue me I was broken Every prayer that I had spoken Reached Your ears and all my tears weren’t cried in vain You carried all my pain And put me back together again You watch over me in the darkest valleys You watch over me when the night seems long You help me to see the way before me You watch over me; You watch over me Always faithful To be leading, at this moment Interceding for Your children Though I’ve wandered astray from Your infinite waysYou’ve never left me alone Take my frozen heart; awaken me Never once have You forsaken me Even though I walk through this shadow of deathYou will guide and defend me You’ll guard and protect me Even though I walk through this shadow of death You will lead me home

I was wondering if the people of Israel felt butterflies of excitement in their stomachs when Moses said something to them like, “Pack your bags quickly, because after 430 years of slavery, I’m here to tell you that God has heard your prayers, and He’s giving us a land of our own. We’re leaving tonight!” God watched over His people as they journeyed through the desert to a place they couldn’t yet see. It’s easy to feel their pain as they hoped to be delivered from slavery in Egypt; while they searched their own hearts to discover if they really believed in this “God of their forefathers,” and whether or not He would truly deliver them. Jesus said, “I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” So, when your night seems long, when you walk through a dark valley in life, He will show the way before you. He will never leave you alone. He will watch over you. Believe that! -- AARON SHUST

Click here to learn more about Aaron: www.ccmmagazine.com/music/artist/aaron_shust/

Click here to listen to the song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdorGhItLy4

Click here for another version: www.ilike.com/artist/Aaron+Shust/track/Watch+Over+Me

"When the Tears Fall"

I've had questions, without answers I've known sorrow, i have known pain but theres one thing, that i'll cling to you are faithful, Jesus your truewhen hope is lost, i'll call you saviour when pain surrounds, i'll call you healer when silence falls, you'll be the song within my heart in the lone hour, of my sorrow through the darkest night of my soul you surround me, and sustain me my defender, forever more when hope is lost, i'll call you saviour when pain surrounds, I'll call you healer when silence falls, you'll be the song within my heart I will praise you, i will praise you when the tears fall, still i will sing to you I will praise you, Jesus praise you Through the suffereing still i will sing when hope is lost, I'll call you saviourwhen pain surrounds, I'll call you healerwhen silence falls, you'll be the song within my heartI've had questions, without answers I've known sorrow, I have known pain but theres one thing, that i'll cling to you are faithful, Jesus your true when hope is lost, I'll call you saviour when pain surrounds, I'll call you healer when silence falls, you'll be the song within my heart I will praise you, I will praise you when the tears fall, still I will sing to you I will praise you, Jesus praise you Through the suffereing still I will sing when hope is lost, I'll call you saviour when pain surrounds, I'll call you healer when silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart

This song was writtne by Tim Hughes. Tim is a Christian worship leader and songwriter with Survivor Records, who is currently Director of Worship at Holy Trinity Brompton, a vibrant Anglican church in central London and heads up Worship Central, a new worship training resource. The son of an Anglican vicar, Hughes grew up in Birmingham and studied History at Sheffield University. Prior to his current post, Hughes worked at Soul Survivor Watford Church, where he was Worship Pastor (the current Worship Pastor is Ben Cantelon). He moved to Holy Trinity Brompton in 2005 and, with Associate Director of Worship Al Gordon, has set up the Worship Central project.

Click here to learn more about Tim Hughes: www.timhughesmusic.com/

Click here to listen to the song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEAK_acTbsQ

No comments: